1) IDENTITY & CONTACT DETAILS OF THE CONTROLLER & THE DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Independent Liverpool is a website dedicated to promoting and supporting independent businesses inLiverpool. We also have a discount card and an App, that people can buy, and it entitles them discounts and deals in a multitude of independent businesses inLiverpool. Independent Liverpool are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy whilst remaining compliant with The General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) and the Data Protection Act (DPA). Independent Liverpool are the Data Controller and have an appointed Data Protection Officer whom can be contacted via email; [email protected]
2) PURPOSE OF THE PROCESSING AND THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING
In order for Independent Liverpool to fulfil its contractual and customer obligations, there is a requirement to collect specific personally identifiable information relating to our customers. There are a couple of legal bases for the processing of such personally identifiable information; primarily personal information is processed on the basis of consent. We retain evidence of the details of consent which has been provided by our customers in order to process their information. Where consent cannot be obtained for various reasons, we may legally process the information you provide to us because we have a legitimate interest in doing so, e.g. Direct Marketing or on a lawful basis, e.g. for employment requirements.
3) LEGITIMATE INTERESTS OF INDEPENDENT LIVERPOOL
Independent Liverpool have a legitimate interest in further processing the information which is provided by customers at the point of sale for marketing purposes. We may also use your information for other specific legitimate purposes such as:
– To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
– To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have either explicitly consented to or we believe you have a legitimate interest in.
– To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
– To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
– To notify you about changes to our service. We do not sell, rent or lease customer lists to third parties.
4) INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site, such as:
– User name and password – If we collect a user name and password, this is so we can keep your information secure and so that we can have your information to hand each time you visit us.
– Name, address and postcode – Without this we won’t know where to send your order or to whom.
– Email address – We send confirmation of your orders via email and will send you informational messages as well as offers which may interest you.
– If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
– We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
– Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
– App usage data – including location services.
5) RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
As a Data Subject (individual) which Independent Liverpool process information on behalf of, you have the right to withdraw consent from our processing at any given time (please see terms and conditions). You are able to do this through the contact details provided on page 1 of this policy. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority (Information Commissioners Office in the UK), should you feel that we have not handled your information in line with legislative and regulatory requirements.
You have the right to make a Subject Access Request to DCG’s Data Protection Officer in the event that you wish to determine what information we hold on you. We welcome these requests and aim to respond within 72 working hours of receipt. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
6) IP ADDRESSES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, geographic location (if you allow when prompted by your browser), operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns.
8) MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
We regularly send out email communication to keep you up to date with all the latest discounts and offers. If you wish to unsubscribe from these emails you can do so at any time by simply clicking either of the links in the header or footer and you will be removed from all promotional emails. Please note that even if you decide not to subscribe to, or to unsubscribe, from promotional email messages, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your account and your purchases. For example, even if you have unsubscribed from our promotional email messages, we will still send you confirmations when you make purchases on the Site.