French fare cooked to perfection
The team behind Berrington’s and Wolf & Waffle are excited to announce they are launching a new French restaurant, Brasserie Loup, which will open its doors on Tuesday 18th May 2021. Serving a delectable menu of classic French fare cooked to perfection, diners can expect great tasting simple dishes, hearty portions and a lively atmosphere.
Located above Wolf & Waffle on Berry Street, the 60 cover restaurant offers traditional French dishes exquisitely cooked using simple flavours and the finest season ingredients, with highlights including indulgent cheesy onion soup and Moules frites with garlic & white wine sauce.
The space itself provides a relaxed dining area with luxurious green velvet furnishings, chic French artwork and hanging plants throughout. Added playful interiors reflect the easy going style of the restaurant, including a beret clad gold mannequin head, eye-catching pink neon sign and an antique chandelier draped in ivy.
The concise menu is split into Entrees, Plats, Fromage and Desserts with examples including:
- Soupe à l’oignon gratinée (£8) – French onion soup, beef stock, onions & gruyere gratin
- Tartare de filet de boeuf (£10) – raw beef tartare with toasts
- Champignon sauvage (ve) (£8) – pan fried wild mushrooms, wine, garlic, chilli & herbs on toasted sourdough
- Steak frites (£24) – 100z rib eye steak with choice of sauce, French fries & green salad
- Moules frites (15) – Scottish mussels, creamed garlic & white wine sauce, fries & aioli
- Kiev tofu et frites (ve) (£14) – tofu Kiev, garlic oil, fries & leafy salad
Desserts – each £7.50
- Crème brûlée
- Tarte tatin – crème Anglaise
- Forêt noire – Black Forest gateaux
To accompany the food, the extensive drinks menu perfectly compliments the dishes with its variety of smooth French wines, craft beers and strong yet easy to drink fruity cocktails, all of which can be enjoyed as a digestif in the downstairs secret beer garden on a balmy summer evening.
Address: 34 Berry St, Liverpool L1 9DF